Iran says it is considering latest US peace proposal; Trump says he will wait “a few days”

Iran says it is considering latest US peace proposal; Trump says he will wait “a few days”

Twenty Iranian sailors whose ship was seized by US forces near Singapore have returned to Iran, according to Iranian state media.

Iran’s Ambassador to Pakistan, Reza Amiri Moghadam, said on Thursday that the release of the 20 Iranian sailors was due to the “generous action of the respected government of Pakistan.”

In a post on X, he described the sailors’ situation as “precarious due to the seizure of their ship.”

Iran’s IRNA news agency reported that its ship had been seized by US forces, but neither Iran nor Pakistan released the name of the ship.

In a social media post last week, Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar returned home via Singapore, referring to 20 Iranian sailors and 11 Pakistanis who were aboard ships seized by the United States on the high seas.

Since the beginning of April, the US has imposed a military blockade of Iranian ports and associated shipping, and it has seized several ships as part of that mission.

Meanwhile, Iran has imposed its own de facto blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, requiring any ships wishing to transit the vital waterway to do so in coordination with its military – often for hefty fees.

According to Iran, recently, several oil tankers have passed through the disputed waterway in coordination with the Iranian Navy. South Korea confirmed that one of its tankers had transited the strait this week in coordination with Iranian authorities.

Source link

One thought on “Iran says it is considering latest US peace proposal; Trump says he will wait “a few days”

Comments are closed.