Three killed in US attack on alleged drug boat. American news

Three killed in US attack on alleged drug boat. American news

The US military says it has attacked a boat “engaged in narco-trafficking operations”, killing three people.

US Southern Command said on X the ship was “passing through known narco-trafficking routes in the eastern Pacific and engaged in narco-trafficking operations”.

The military has not provided evidence that the boat or the people on board were involved in drug trafficking.

Footage of Friday’s attack showed the small boat floating in the Pacific Ocean before it exploded, setting it on fire.

image:
After the attack, flames are seen rising into the sky. Photo: US Southern Command

chairman donald trump The US was previously said to be in an “armed conflict” with cartels in Latin America.

At least 148 people have been killed in US attacks.

At least 148 people have been killed in US attacks on alleged drug boats in at least 43 attacks in the Caribbean Sea and eastern Pacific Ocean since September. 11 people earlier this week.

Read more from Sky News:
Trump announces global tariffs
Trump’s trade war is not over

Mr Trump has justified the attacks as a necessary escalation to stem the flow of drugs.

But critics have questioned the legality and effectiveness of the attacks, as the fentanyl behind many fatal overdoses is smuggled into the US by land from Mexico, where it is produced with chemicals imported from China and India.

America launched a direct military attack in January to extradite Nicolas Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores, and take them both to New York to face narco-terrorism and other charges, which both deny.

Source link