Dubai’s new high-rise building hit by Iranian drone – footage shows hole in building

Shocking footage emerged of a fire breaking out at a luxury apartment building in Dubai in the early hours of Thursday morning

Fire breaks out in Dubai after Iranian drone hits tower block

An Iranian drone has targeted another luxury high-rise, as shocking footage shows a skyscraper on fire.

A terrifying video shows the aftermath of another retaliatory attack on Dubai, as the attack left a hole in the glittering block. The fire broke out in a building near the state’s Creek Harbour neighbourhood, about 10 km from the international airport. Emergency services arrived at the scene to control the fire, which broke out in the middle of the night.

Horror pictures and videos show a thick cloud of smoke billowing from the apartment block in the early hours of Thursday morning, while one side glows like an inferno.

Fire breaks out in a luxurious building in Dubai

A drone targeted a luxurious building in Dubai (Image: X)

Read more: The increasing US-Iran tension raises fears of disrupting or cancelling the World Cup. Read more: Kim Jong-un’s former bodyguard says North Korean leader ‘terrified’ of Iran war

Authorities have so far reported no casualties from the latest attack and said all residents are “safe”. The incident comes after Dubai International Airport was attacked again on Wednesday.

Four people – a Ghanaian national, an Indian national and a Bangladeshi national – were injured after an Iranian drone strike on one of the world’s busiest airports. Local officials confirmed the sighting of two drones over the transport hub.

Big hole in building after drone attack

The attack left a big hole in the building (Image: AFP via Getty Images)

In a post on X, Dubai officials wrote, “Authorities have confirmed that two drones fell in the vicinity of Dubai International Airport (DXB) some time ago, resulting in minor injuries to two Ghanaian nationals and a Bangladeshi national and moderate injuries to an Indian national. Air traffic is operating normally.”

In a statement, the UAE Ministry of Defence said: “The UAE Air Defence is currently responding to missile and drone threats coming from Iran. The MOD claims that the sounds heard are the result of air defence systems intercepting missiles and drones. The public is requested to follow the safety and security instructions issued.”

workers inspecting the damage

Employees taking stock of the damage on Thursday (Image: AP)

A passenger inside the airport at the time, speaking to the BBC, said people inside were told to move away from the glass windows and seek shelter in a more secure area.

The incident comes after a British tourist reportedly filmed a missile flying over the popular emirate state while on holiday and faces jail. A 60-year-old man from London was charged with breaking the UAE’s strict laws against filming or uploading social media posts of the conflict, according to a legal advocacy group detained in Dubai.

The Briton was reportedly arrested on Monday and is one of 21 people facing the same fate and up to 2 years in prison.

“Those charged include a British man who says he immediately deleted the video when questioned and that he meant no harm, but he is still among those facing charges,” said Radha Stirling, director of the London-based Detained in Dubai organisation.

Source link

Hot this week

00:02:00

Robot Beats Usain Bolt’s 100m World Record: A New Era of Speed.

For sixteen years, Usain Bolt's 100m world record of...
00:02:55

Latest ary news headlines

ARY News channel source

Super League: St Helens Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive as Toulouse and Hull FC Claim Big Wins

St Helens Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive St Helens play-off hopes...

A66 Crash: What We Know After Seven Killed Near Middlesbrough

A66 Crash Leaves Seven People Dead The A66 crash that...

Risers and fallers Bears still looking for answers at left tackle after sloppy game

Chicago Bears head coach Ben Johnson had yet to...

Topics

00:02:00

Robot Beats Usain Bolt’s 100m World Record: A New Era of Speed.

For sixteen years, Usain Bolt's 100m world record of...
00:02:55

Latest ary news headlines

ARY News channel source

Super League: St Helens Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive as Toulouse and Hull FC Claim Big Wins

St Helens Keep Play-Off Hopes Alive St Helens play-off hopes...

A66 Crash: What We Know After Seven Killed Near Middlesbrough

A66 Crash Leaves Seven People Dead The A66 crash that...
00:43:37

Araujo to Liverpool Confirmed as Rodri and Romero Complete Major Transfers

Araujo to Liverpool Confirmed in Major Transfer Move Araujo to...
00:10:50

Greenock Wants Migrants to Move In as Scottish Town Battles Population Decline

Greenock Migrants Plan Aims to Reverse Decades of Population...
00:40:50

Lauren Price vs Stephanie Piñeiro: News Conference Build-Up to Cardiff World Title Fight

Lauren Price vs Stephanie Piñeiro: News Conference Sets the...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img